Bunchez Twitter Page! Tweet Me!

March 17, 2012

"I STILL HATE SESAME STREET!"

Sesame Street! This annoying company has created a program that helps benefits children and their well being. Well so be it, Children have been guided by the world of cartoons and furry hand puppets.
Elmo and First Lady Obama (a prime representer for obesity) has teamed together in an episode of Sesame Street in where she helps the team understand health and wellness. Great use of media but what a way to manipulate children into getting them to do whatever you want them to.
Many may say it is a two way street (positive and negitive) but if it gets the job done.... it is okay right?
But honestly I truly, truly, truly hate that show. Maybe because when I was younger they annoyed the hell out of me but I must say I am down with it if they are helping the kids of today.
Sesame street has been a major part of childrens lives for years and many years to come. Every since 2004, this overly sponsored company has been supporting health and welling by implementing The Healthy Habits for Life program. This program helped intergrate healthy food choices and exercise into the show in order to influence children into becoming more active.

HERE IS A VIDEO WHERE Sesame Street INFLUENCE CHILDREN TO EXERCISE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkS_Xg1UY_4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This is not the only program they have implemented in their brand. They now have a going green project with organic food endorsements. WHO DOESN'T THESE DAYS! KILL ME NOW! But hey one thing we as a society have to realize that media makes everything LOOK wayyyyyy better than it really is. Enhancement equals profit and profit equals more products to help parents help their children and children help themselves.
You know they say broccli is the way to go...well if you put cheese on it.... (for kids by kids) = not healthy any more... lol
Do you remember VeggieTales? I do they were too cute. Well, Sesame Street came up with a program similar to VeiggeTales but it is hosted by Elmo and is sent in a package to day care providers in order to promote awareness.
The buck starts here.(don't really know what that means but I like the way it sounds...lol)
Here the guidance for awareness starts even younger than my previous posts. Our growing advocates have just gotten younger. Studies show that 98 percent of the child care providers that was exposed to the program said that most of the children have greatly improved their eating habits...which obviously shows that these children are influencing their parents...it has to start somewhere right?
I must say TOP NOTCH MANIPULATION!