Bunchez Twitter Page! Tweet Me!

March 12, 2012

"Birke's Prosocial Behavior Ignored?"

In my recent efforts to research children and health I have come across this young man named Birke Baehr a Ted Talk child who spoke about where our food comes from and how it affects our health and daily living. As a young adult, hearing this young child speaking so profoundly and from the inside of this heart moved me. I think that it would move you as well. This young boy isn’t just passionate about knowing what to eat and what not to eat he is exceptionally proud of himself and what he can do for others in providing such information.

CHECK HIM OUT!


After listening to him how did you feel? I felt so moved it made me ALMOST made me want to stop eating certain foods but one thing I could say about this young man is that I guarantee that he will start a movement. Yes, the video is dated back to August 2010 but not that many people have even watched this video just 743,993 people. Why is it that we as people have a tendency to search the internet for funny videos, recent arrests, clothes, shoes, and recent baby pictures but we cannot search or even watch a video of a person who is making a difference? I find it almost a shame that someone could watch a video over and over again of a fully grown adult fall through a glass table or a teenager fall through a trampoline (whom has received a million hits) but has not watched a child who is passionate about his health, his life, his wellbeing and how he wants other children to make that change as well. Interesting!

But that does not make me perfect either. I understand where he is coming from but that does not mean that I have to necessarily change my total eating habits. His sole purpose in this video is not to make you turn completely vegan or vegetarian or make you go completely organic but he did this Ted Talk to basically make you very aware of what is happening to us. To tell us what is going on that we as “health experts” do not know and are explaining to us how we can change if we really want to.

As he said in the beginning of the video children are being the advocates for health and I say it can be good or bad; it is all about money, the way the world rotates.



-Signed: Gorgeous D.